Print this page
Jobs at Extend Health
This position is the first point of contact to a client. The Advisor receives inbound sales inquiries from employers, employees and non-employer affiliated consumers in the marketplace. Using a teleconsulting approach, qualifies the prospect and sells the appropriate plan provided by the appropriate carrier. The sales agent assists the customer throughout the sales process with ongoing communication and actions taken on behalf of the customer, until a final policy issuance decision is made by the carrier.
Qualifications - Education and/or Experience, Certifications:
· 1 year prior sales experience in direct to consumer insurance setting preferred or equivalent retail, customer service or contact center experience.
· Associate degree in business, communications or related field; 4 year College Degree preferred.
· Technical understanding of insurance products and/or insurance business, systems preferred.
· Resident Life/Health Insurance license required.
Essential Job Functions:
· Attains monthly sales goals on a consistent basis. Sales goals are defined by the Director of Sales and the Sales Manager. Goals are communicated via the company’s Sales Performance Incentive Plan.
· Qualifies and sells prospect inquiries for health insurance. Inquiries are received as inbound telephone calls, inbound faxes, email or web- based leads. Outbound telephone contacts occur subsequent to the initial sales inquiry.
· Qualifies the sales opportunity by determine interest and eligibility for HRA or broad market Individual/Family Health insurance plans. Explains the services available to the member based on their affiliation with a specific sponsoring employer or organization. Effectively explains the features of the programs available to consumers that qualify for various sponsored programs available. (example: Revolution Healthcare, Sam’s Club etc.)
· Converts prospects into paying members by selling the benefits of the healthcare programs available (programs available communicated by management) and completing the membership enrollment process. (example: Revolution Healthcare, Sam’s Club etc.)
· Uses consultative selling skills to assess the client’s needs, determining the best fit and appropriate eligibility for specific insurance plans.
· Sells the prospect on the relevant features of a specific insurance plan and explains all required elements of the plan, including accurate explanation of benefits, eligibility and rates.
· Communicates the steps involved in the application and underwriting process and provides the customer with all required support materials either verbally, through email, mail or fax as appropriate. Manages customer inquiries as received throughout the sales process.
· Effectively communicates “Offer of Coverage” decisions to the applicant, using the proper sales techniques to resell “Modified offers”, offer alternatives in “decline” scenarios and reaffirm the customer’s agreement with the plan selected.
· Acts within all ethical and compliance standards as defined and communicated by 1) the company (via employee handbook, management communication, and training) and 2) the Department of Insurance.
· Works effectively as a team player within the sales team and across all company departments to ensure an efficient and professional work environment.
· Adheres to company standards for attendance, telephone availability, number of calls, inquiries handled on a monthly, quarterly, annualized basis.
· Capable using Microsoft Office Suite applications and all in house sales management software applications.
· Ability to interpret and apply varying underwriting guidelines across multiple insurance carriers to applicant-specific health scenarios.
· Ability to work autonomously in a self-paced, self-motivated approach to ensure workload is completed efficiently within departmental standards.
· Ability to read, analyze and interpret documents such as detailed correspondence, procedure manuals, insurance applications, polices or contracts. Ability to write routine and non-routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively to clients and/or employees of the organization.
· Able to present him/herself effectively, professionally and courteously (even in stressful situations) through face-to-face interactions and through oral and written communications via multiple contact mediums: telephone, fax, email and mail correspondence.
· Strong interpersonal and time management skills.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills with ability to persuade others.
· Adept with extensive email and website interaction.
Essential Physical Requirements:
· The position requires sustained periods of sitting and physical interaction with a desktop computer which uses hands to finger, handle, and type or feel to initiate keyboard data entry and computer interaction. Reaches with hands and arms and is subject to repetitive motion.
· Movement from one location to another throughout the office facility to attend meetings, training sessions in varied locations.
· Use close and distance vision to adjust focus while viewing a computer display and reading paper based documents.
· Talks and listens and interprets voice communication of varying quality during extensive telephone conversations/telephone usage via a headset equipped telephone.
· Able to dial a telephone and press telephone set buttons to initiate telephone actions
· Able to write legibly to complete paper documents.
· Clear, understandable speech and phone voice.
· Lifting is limited to weights of less than 25lbs. (office supplies, mail, packages etc.)
HOW TO APPLY:Please send your resume, or job history to: firstname.lastname@example.org